Verily, my prayer, my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah SWT the Lord of the universe.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

~Vote for Me~


Vote for Me!!! Vote for Me!!! Here and there, I can see the posters, banners and pamphletes are hanging around the campus... What are these? Owh... the students' campaign begins. SRC (Students Representative Council) General Election will be held tomorrow. I can see the candidates campaigning and promoting their manifestoes to attract students to vote for them. It reminds me my first time to vote for SRC General Election. How i was so exciting to vote the candidates. In our campus, we used e-vote system rather than manual vote. It is easier, faster and more accurate.

Actually, there were lots of funny story about Campus Election. On the Election Day, we will see the candidates met the students, introduced themselves, be nice to everyone, shook hand, gave the voters gifts and accompanied by their supporters to promote them to voters. Students will choose their candidates based on their appearance, popularity, quality, talent, responsibility, leadership, objective, party, trademark and manifesto. Still remember, fatin my ex-roommate chose the candidate who took care the foods qualities at cafetaria because most foods sold at cafeteria were spicy and hot and she couldn't take too much spicy foods.

That was the past story 5, 6 years long time ago. I just can watch and smile looking at them campaigning and voting for their representatives since i don't have the chance to vote for them. Yes, we didn't vote for them because PG students have our own PG Students Society who will organize programmes and activities for PG students. But then, what happened to PGSS Election Day? Hahaha... PGSS candidates always win uncontested. The contestants have no worries at all. Once you nominated your name as the candidates, you will win and get the position in PGSS.

I remembered during my first year PG study, they announced that PG students need to vote for General Election. Since the class begin at 5pm, i decided to come for voting at 4pm since the election will be held until 5pm. But then, when i was about to step out from my room, i received call from my classmate Sherry. Sherry asked me"Ida, where is the venue for voting?" I replied "Experimental Hall." Sherry told me, "I am at Experimental Hall now, but nobody is here. Are you sure the venue is at Experimental Hall?" ''Yes, I'm really sure. But, maybe they change the venue or could you please look at the door, is there any notice telling us the new venue " I answered. Sherry later replied to me, "Wait, I see something at the door!". "PGSS ELECTION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO POOR ATTENDANCE" Sherry read the notice at the door loudly without mistake. I was laughing just after i heard the notice, but Sherry of course she dissatisfied with the news that she just received. That's the funny story about PGSS Election, and we never vote for PGSS Election after that. (TT_TT)

2 comments:

  1. SRC banyak kenangan..kite kan committee dulu! =) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...experiences and past moments matured us... we learn from experiences, we remember for the past moments... oppss.. our moments in SRC, keep it as secret okay!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete